Pages

Monday 6 May 2013

Rats

I had a major personal victory tonight as we finally were successful at placing an animated rat-boid in our level. They skitter about in the mud and they’ll squeak as well.

This is just a screenshot from my own test-level with just the rats.

When I took this task on I thought it would be really easy, some sort of automated process, which turned out to be the opposite of the truth. It was a massive faff and I had to re-do a LOT because I did things wrong initially. I even had to write scripts. Like nothing spectacular and not from scratch but it was still an entirely new thing I’ve never dipped into.

Here's a render of the model, isn't it super cute!

 However I’m really glad I went trough it and I learned so much and seeing those things running around in the mud was probably the most satisfying thing I’ve experienced since I made my first 3D wheelie bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment